Non-Intensive Basic Chinese I – Part II (for non-heritage students)
CHIN 133 (3 credits) (4hrs/week)
Keep the fun going! CHIN 133 is a continuation of CHIN 131 for non-heritage students. The course continues to polish and develop the core language skills of listening, speaking, reading comprehension, and writing via instructions and themed in-class activities. By the end of this course, students will be able to communicate in daily settings, such as shopping, or ordering at a restaurant.
This course corresponds with the ACTFL Novice-Mid/High Level Language Proficiency.Textbook : Integrated Chinese (Simplified Character 3rd Edition) Level 1, Part 1
No CHIN course(s) were found for S2021 term.
- 1st choice: CHIN231 in Winter Term 1, 2021-2022, i.e. Sept-Dec 2021.
- You will have to wait until next Sept for this course. Course not released yet but WILL be offered.
- 2nd choice: CHIN234 in Summer Term 2, 2021,i.e. July-Aug 2021.
- CHIN234 is a six-week six-credit summer intensive course. It is equal to CHIN231 + CHIN233. The class will meet four times a week, four hours a day, with the exact same instructional hours as a regular winter course. The course is intensive because you are earning the same amount of credits within a very short period of time, i.e. six credits for CHIN234 in six weeks.
- Benefits of taking CHIN234. 1. It will allow you to progress very fast and immediately take 300-level CHIN331 course in the same year, Sept-Dec, 2021. 2. You will have acquired 12 credits of foreign languages by the end of this course.