Non-intensive Intermediate Chinese II Part 1 (for non-heritage students)
CHIN 335 (3 credits) (4hrs/week)Being able to convey your personal opinion in a different language allows us to widen our horizon. CHIN 335 is a continuation course of CHIN 333 for non-heritage students. This course is designed to enhance the core language skills of students while building a deeper conversation with the language. CHIN 335 looks into social concepts such as gender equality or even planning to travel abroad via in-class activities and oral practices with native Chinese speakers. This course corresponds with the ACTFL Intermediate-High Level Language Proficiency.
Textbook : Integrated Chinese (Simplified Character 3rd Edition) Level 2, Part 2
Placement interview : required (except for continuing students with advancement approval from previous class)
Continued Area of Study : CHIN 337Winter 2021
CHIN335 Intermediate Chinese II: Part I (Non-Heritage) Sections
Skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing, and better understanding of Chinese culture. Credit will be granted for only one of CHIN 335 or CHIN 205 or CHIN 338.
CHIN335 –> Progress to CHIN337You have two choices for CHIN337, i.e. in Winter Term 2 2020-2021 or in Summer Term 2 2021.
- 1st choice: CHIN337 in Winter Term 2.
Winter 2021 CHIN337 Intermediate Chinese II: Part 2 (Non-Heritage) Sections Continuation of CHIN 335. Credit will be granted for only one of CHIN 337 or CHIN 207 or CHIN 338.
CHIN337 Intermediate Chinese II: Part 2 (Non-Heritage) Sections
Continuation of CHIN 335. Credit will be granted for only one of CHIN 337 or CHIN 207 or CHIN 338.
- 2nd choice: CHIN337 in Summer Term 2, 2021.
- Please note that summer CHIN337 is the second part of CHIN338 (=CHIN335+CHIN337).
- CHIN338 is a six-week six-credit intensive course. If you intend to take CHIN337 in the summer, you will be joining the rest of the CHIN338 students for the second three-week period of their course, i.e. July 26 – Aug 12. Your CHIN337 instructor may request you to join the class a couple of days ahead of the class to adapt to summer intensive learning. The class will meet four times a week, four hours a day, with the exact same instructional hours as a regular winter course. The course is intensive because you are earning the same amount of credits within a very short period of time, i.e. six credits for CHIN338 in six weeks and three credits for CHIN337 in three weeks.
- Please note that if you have finished CHIN335 this term, you canNOT register for CHIN338. Please register in CHIN337 in summer term 2 2021. Course is scheduled and confirmed to be offered but most likely to be offered as a merged course with CHIN244.