As the new school year is approaching, the Chinese program is currently seeking for volunteers who are native Chinese speakers. With the upcoming events, we need all genuine volunteers to come and help us in creating a huge and successful event!
To enhance the quality of the Chinese oral assistance program and volunteers’ communication and events planning skills, we will be hosting a training workshop on:
Friday, September 11th, 2020, 5:00pm – 8:00pm Vancouver Time (Check-in starts 4:50pm)
Location: Virtual Link-TBA
Those who fully participate in the training will be given priority to assist oral practices and events management. Those who miss the training are still welcome to help in event planning.
Fill out the form HERE
Deadline: Wednesday, September 9th, 2020, 11:59pm (Vancouver Time)
If you are interested or you have any questions or concerns, please contact Victoria Ni: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Volunteer Responsibilities include:
- Assist in oral practices with Chinese learners to improve their pronunciation
- Assist in class activities with Chinese learners
- Help plan, organize, and execute annual events (e.g. Chinese Fun Night, Chinese Bridge Singing Contest, and Lunar New Year Celebration, etc.)
Volunteer benefits include:
- Meeting wonderful friends and teachers on campus!
- Receiving a volunteer certificate, upon request, as a form on recognition from the department.
- Enhance one’s communication, events planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Those who perform above expectations may be considered as one of the TA or Work-Learn candidates for next year.
We look forward to hearing from you about joining our big family!
UBC Chinese Language Program
Department of Asian Studies