👉 Apply Here 👈
Application deadline: July 20th, 2022, 11:59 pm (PDT)
Roles and Responsibilities:
Period of Employment:
|Term 1:||September 6, 2022 – December 22, 2022|
|Term 2:||January 9, 2022 – April 28, 2022|
|Term 1 & 2:||September 6, 2022 – April 28, 2022|
In order to be considered for a TA/WL position in the 2022 Winter Terms, you must meet ALL the following requirements:
- Be a Full-Time registered student at UBC Vancouver
- Have a valid SIN, Work/Study Permit, PR etc.
*Important: Permits must be valid for the ENTIRE duration of employment. If your documents are expiring soon, kindly apply for a renewal before proceeding with your application.
- Be physically located in Canada throughout the ENTIRE duration of employment.
- You must NOT be holding a co-op position for the term you plan on applying for a TA/WL position.
- If you plan to apply for a WL position, kindly note that you CANNOT hold more than one WorkLearn position at a time.
For specific eligibility details regarding WorkLearn positions please visit: https://students.ubc.ca/career/ubc-experiences/work-learn-program
Our hiring process this year consists of THREE (3) Stages:
STAGE 1: If you are interested in our program and meet ALL the requirements above, please fill out an application here: 2022 Winter Term CLP TAWL Application
STAGE 2: You will be notified if you have been SHORT-LISTED as a candidate to proceed to the next stage of the hiring process via email by July 22nd, 2022.
You will then be invited to complete the following tasks:
- Complete a pre-workshop assignment on Canvas (You will receive an access code to self-enroll in a course).
- Attend our TAWL Candidate Training Workshop held ONLINE on July 29th, 2022. (More details will be given closer to the training date.)
While both of these tasks are optional, it is strongly recommended for people who wish to better equip themselves with the necessary skills for becoming a TAWL in the future.
STAGE 3: Selected SHORT-LISTED Candidates from STAGE 2 will be invited to proceed to the final stage of the hiring process for an interview held ONLINE.
- Final Hiring Decisions and Offers* will be announced on August 30th, 2022.
*Please note that it is generally impossible to make firm decisions about appointments until class enrollments are solidified at the end of the registration period. UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (UTA1): $22.77/hour*
Undergraduate WorkLearn: $18.93/hour*
*salary may be subject to change
For more related information regarding the application and requirements, please visit our TAWL Hiring Info Fair FAQ.
If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact our HR Coordinator, Kai-Li (firstname.lastname@example.org)