As the leading language program in North America, the UBC Chinese Language Program provides both heritage and non-heritage language courses for students from diverse backgrounds.
As the new term starts, we are seeking volunteers to join us. With many upcoming events, we welcome all genuine volunteers to come and help us in making them successful!
Benefits of becoming a volunteer:
- You will receive a personalized volunteer certificate at the end of the term with your completed volunteer hours.
- Bonus Marks are available for specific CHIN-titled courses (Please refer to the Bonus Mark Policy for more details)
- Those who perform above expectations may be considered as one of the TAWL candidates for next year.
- Volunteering with the Chinese Language Program offers great opportunities to meet new people, as well as to enhance your communication, event planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Eligible for a standard (non-personalized) reference letter of volunteer experience from the Chinese Language Program Director.
- Opportunities to participate in the Chinese Language Program student employee social and professional events (such as Student Employee Celebration at the end of term, professional development workshop series, etc.).
If you are interested in becoming a part of the team, please click HERE, OR
scan the QR code to fill out the survey:
Deadline: Thursday, September 9, 23:59 PST
There is an online training workshop on Saturday, September 11th, 2:00 pm – 5:10 pm (Vancouver Time). It is mandatory for ALL volunteers. The training invitation will be sent to you after the application is closed.
We will provide additional information and materials, such as links and pre-workshop activities, shortly after the deadline.
The survey will CLOSE after the deadline. If you wish to make changes AFTER the deadline, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Qianqian Li, at Chinese.Volunteering@ubc.ca
Our Volunteer Responsibilities include:
- Assist in oral practices with Chinese learners to improve their pronunciation.
- Assist in-class activities with Chinese learners.
- Help plan, organize, and execute annual events (e.g. Chinese Fun Night, Chinese Bridge Singing Contest, and Lunar New Year Celebration, etc.)
Watch our information/welcome video below and subscribe to our youtube channel!
UBC Chinese Language Program
Department of Asian Studies