As the new school year is approaching, the Chinese program is currently seeking for volunteers who are native Chinese speakers. With the upcoming events, we need all genuine volunteers to come and help us in creating a huge and successful event!
Our Volunteer Responsibilities include:
- Assist in oral practices with Chinese learners to improve their pronunciation
- Assist in class activities with Chinese learners
- Help plan, organize, and execute annual events (e.g. Chinese Fun Night, Chinese Bridge Singing Contest, and Lunar New Year Celebration, etc.)
Volunteer benefits include:
- Meeting wonderful friends and teachers on campus!
- Receiving a volunteer certificate, upon request, as a form on recognition from the department.
- Enhance one’s communication, events planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Those who perform above expectations may be considered as one of the TA or Work-Learn candidates for next year.
To enhance the quality of the Chinese oral assistance program and volunteers’ communication and events planning skills, a training workshop will be hosted on:
- September 8th 1:00-5:00pm
- Location: C.K. Choi Building, Room 120. (1855 West Mall)
(Volunteers who have attended the training session in August do not need to attend this training workshop or fill out the application form)
Those who fully participate in the training will be given priority to assist oral practices and events management. Those who miss the training are still welcome to help in events planning.
If you are interested, please fill out the application form below no later than September 6th, 2018. We will contact you as soon as possible.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Lilac: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you in joining our big family!
UBC Chinese Language Program
Department of Asian Studies